Monday, April 20, 2009

The Beginning

I'm porting my blog from a automotive forum. Here is the history of my project thus far. I will be regularly updating my blog here in the future.

_________________________________

Well, I'll expand on this a bit later.

When I first bought the car for $700 its wasn't running, but had a factory rebuilt l28 with 5k miles on it. A couple of electrical issues and it was running:




Then I took the front bumper off, waxed the paint and got a free urethane bumper from my dads friend:




I then proceeded to rearend a new dodge durango going 5mph:




After getting ahold of Ron Tyler and BRAAAP, I had a new hood for $25. Painted it flat black and this is how she looks today:



I haven't driven the car since July of 2006. I finally have the money again to drive and pay for my other expenses. Its time to take care of some maintenance to make her reliable for daily use. I just brought the car over to my current house so I can work on it over the next month. Its not the most amazing thing yet, but atleast this will document the progress I make.

Car Pulls to the right under braking. I'll probably upgrade the brakes at this point.
Replace rubber fuel lines in engine bay
Rewire car with EZ wiring 12 circuit kit (bought)
Replace Heater Core (bought)
Driveline Clunk
Water Leaks
Door Lock Cylinders
Headlight Covers (bought)
Headlight Bucket (bought)
Paint hood
Remove Current Sound Deading
Rusted Floor boards
Repair Rusted Floor boards and frame rails
Weld in seat brackets and install s2000 Seats
Apply New Sound Deadening
Finish Recarpeting (bought)
Stereo
Remount Battery
240z fiberglass front bumper
Lube Seat Belts Retractors
Shift Knob
Air Filter (bought)
Megasquirt (bought)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers