Monday, April 20, 2009

Here's the first new post on this blog :)

I installed my Techno Toy Tuning roll center adjusters. They are 35mm thick, and everything clears fine with the 17" wheels. I then removed the factory springs to see where the front struts would bottom out at. On my car, I'm at 5" at the rocker up front with the springs removed. This is a 280z w/ 24.5" tall tires. So that places my hub centerline at 7.25" above my rocker. I'm looking at lower the car an additional 2.5", while retaining ~2" of bump travel. The floors are going to be raised, along with the rockers. I figure I'm going to raise the rockers 2.5". The floor will be flush with this height. So I'll end up with ~ 5" of clearance throughout at static ride height.

Also, I acquired a Wilwood pedal assembly this weekend. Its a triple master setup with a balance bar. Should be nice I think



Here is the one picture I snapped today.The MSA is mounted in its standard position. It has 3.5" of clearance in this picture. Since I'm lower the car 2.5" more, but raising the MSA T3 4", I'm going to end up with 5" of clearance for the air dam when all is said and done.

I plan in the future to get a set of road racing slicks. I've been looking at the Hoosier 275/35-15's. Those have a diameter of 23", which would allow me to lower the car more. I could potentially end up at 3.5" at the raised rocker height, or 1" if the rockers weren't raised just for reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers